Devastatingly Divine Dishes - This blog will follow the day to day quest for the perfect dish for dinner. If you are feeling a bit uninspired drop by my blog for some recipe ideas!

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Slow Cooked Lamb Stew Recipe

Sorry for such a long absence. I think I got distracted with other things over the past several months but now I am happy to say that I am back blogging my recipes!

Slow cooked lamb stew recipe

1 shoulder of lamb
half a pack of mushrooms, sliced
2 carrots peeled and sliced
2 parsnips peeled and sliced
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 onion, sliced
1 leek, cleaned and sliced
1 bay leaf
1 400ml tin of chopped tomatoes
2 glasses of red wine
plenty of freshly ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
a few stalks of thyme, rosemary and sage leaves

Mix everything together in an electric slow cooker. Cook on high for a few hours and turn to low for several hours. The meat should fall of the bone when the stew is ready.
Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home