Devastatingly Divine Dishes - This blog will follow the day to day quest for the perfect dish for dinner. If you are feeling a bit uninspired drop by my blog for some recipe ideas!

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

fresh chicken soup and BBQ turkey

Hi all! Big hellllllooo to Kelly and Brad in Australia!

Just made some fresh chicken soup for lunch. We had roast chicken on Sunday so I cooked the leftover carcass and meat down yesterday in some water. I added a few pieces of celery and carrot and one onion along with a few cloves and freshly ground black pepper and sea salt. I cooked this for about three hours and topped it up with water on occassion as needed. Afterwards I let it cool completely and strained it picking out the chicken bones and skin and discarding them. Then returned the chicken to the stock and added chopped celery, carrot, a few chopped potatoes and a sliced onion. I brought this to a boil and allowed it to cook until the carrot and potato were tender. At the end, add some fresh chopped parsley salt, pepper and tarragon.
Tonight I will be making Joanne's BBQ turkey but witha few small changes. I will let you know how it goes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home